Welcome to the mid-level course on Python! In this course, you will learn a lot about more advanced features of the language and some best practices for using those. This course is designed for people who already have some background in Python and would like to improve their knowledge and learn more advanced topics.
At the end of this course, you’ll know how to use classes and will be fluent in inheritance. We will cover best practices for writing code for larger projects and will use typing which helps in statically analyzing the code to detect errors. You will work with decorators and will create your own utility decorators that will reduce the size of the code significantly. We will discuss iterators and iterables along with the
pathlibwill be used to work with the filesystem. Most importantly, we will learn how to use
awaitto optimize our code when working with large I/O, databases, and network requests.
In this course, you learn by doing! Each concept has several interactive challenges that you will solve to pass on to the next one. We believe that hands-on learning is the best way to get in-depth knowledge. Here you will have many challenging and at the same time interesting exercises to practice each and every concept that is covered.
You will study at your own pace. You can go hard and complete several levels in one week, or take it slow and focus on each concept for longer.
There is a forum to ask questions and get unstuck. You can ask or answer the questions of others under each challenge.
This course focuses on the core concepts and some advanced features of Python and introduces each of them in an intuitive manner. To make the process more fun and engaging, the concepts are organized into levels, and passing each level means you’ve mastered a new concept. These are the main things we will be covering here:
- Defining classes
- Setting and accessing attributes
- Defining methods inside classes
- Inheriting from a base class
- Modifying the functionality by overriding a method
- Extending the functionality with the help of
- Inheriting from several base classes
- Typing for built-in types (
- Typing for custom classes
- Typing inside a class
- Static analysis - what can we accomplish and what are the limitations
- Built-in decorators (
- Decorators for functions
- Decorators for classes
- Creating custom decorators
Iterators and Iterables
- Creating a custom generator
- Creating a custom iterable
globto work with collections of files
pathlibto work with specific files
- Creating symlinks
- Removing files
- Recursively creating/deleting the whole directory
awaitsyntax for functions
- Working with files
- Working with network requests
- Query through SQLAlchemy
Wrap up and project
- Several supervised projects will sum up the whole material.
- This will include a lot of googling and self-study.
Learning is 80% individual work! Completing this course will be your accomplishment and we’re here to support that journey. Join us on Discord for discussions and meeting other learners by following this link: https://discord.gg/TTTEcu2Jju.